Friday, November 14, 2008

Sssshush.

Today She was listening to the radio when She heard that The Roald Dahl award had been won by Andy Stanton for Mr Gum and the Dancing Bear. ( They did not mention that also there was another winner, The Witch's Children Go to School, by Ursula Jones and Russel Ayto).
What caught Her attention was a comment by Andy Stanton.
"I am the sort of man who sits and worries about whether cats secretly have money that they don't tell us about", he said.
She is now looking at us funny, and watching where we go to see if we have money, secret money. She does not realise that money is an abstract concept created by humans to enslave other humans. We are cats. We curl in the sunshine, walk where we will, sleep by the fire and practise mind control on humans. We have no need of money.
But whichever cat controls the mind of Andy Stanton needs to keep better control of what he is thinking.
Meanwhile congratulations to all of them and a special message to Andy. We do have secrets, special cat secrets. Sssshush.

6 comments:

Griffin said...

"She does not realise that money is an abstract concept created by humans to enslave other humans. We are cats. We curl in the sunshine, walk where we will, sleep by the fire and practise mind control on humans. We have no need of money."

Quite. And proof if it were needed that cats really are smarter than humans.

People "...are born free and everyhere (they) are in chains."

Cats don't do chains, because they may be crazy, but they aren't stupid.

Anonymous said...

Poor Mr.Stanton!

Jackie Morris said...

Given that I am the sort of person who thinks that the cats form a cat pyramid to open my bedroom door in the morning so that they can claw me out of bed to get their breakfast I find that I can't criticize. And given that my children told me today that what the cats actually do is throw themselves off the sofa at the door until one of them hits the catch to open it, there is little hope for the next generation!
They also told me that when we got home the cats would be sitting round the kitchen table gambling with cat money!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Cats have scents and sense but no cents.

Silly man.

Estorbo said...

I weesh I med Meester Dahl.

Deed he lighe cads?

I hab morney. I keeb eed een my bag parcket where eed maghes cheenkcheenkacheenka noise when I ron arn the rooptarps.

Estorbo said...

I gard eento trorble weeth my morney. Eed made me lash oud.