Sunday, August 23, 2009

As time goes by

Many of the paths that criss cross the hillside, paths made by badgers and foxes and ponies, have been lost to time and sunshine and rain, overgrown green tunnels jeweled with butterflies, today bent low with the weight of water. Yesterday was a lizard day, sunshine and tail flick and shadow patterns as lizard tail disappeared under zig zag ferns. Today is a slug and snail day and tonight the toads and frogs will be happy.
Rain is coming through the places where the roof is not finished. We dream of the fire as autumn creeps nearer with its chill kiss.

3 comments:

Sam said...

I'm dream of Autumn too and I'm not a pussy cat...
Sam xx

Ducky said...

Cats always know how to find the pleasure and the wonder. I'm so glad to have you three to point them out for me.

Linda Navroth said...

I've had a rough couple of days (just life stuff) and catching up on the Ginger blog made things aright again. Such a beautiful place, such lucky Gingers! I ramble the hills and game trails with you, while listening to the sweet songs of Capercaillie.